Rated 4 out of 5Â by JeffN OK for the price.
I needed a backup medium duty combo machine, and this serves the purpose. The copies do show a partial line across one edge, as mentioned in previous reviews. It is unfortunate that engineering shortcomings such as this are now accepted as normal by a once proud company. I still have an HP color laser-jet 2840 that won't scan to Windows 7. Web blogs indicate this is a problem that the company refuses to fix, or is unable to fix. HP used to be the premier hardware technology company. I hope that Meg Whitman can get the company back on that track.
November 11, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5Â by Pro400 All the features you can ask for
I recently purchased this because I had to replace my existing MFC. This by far is the best unit. has everything you need plus much more. I recommend this for anyone!
November 7, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5Â by mpifs Easy setup
After reading the reviews, chose this model and am very satisfied. Was easy to set up and use.
But trying to use the preset numbers, you have to arrow down 5 names at a time and takes too much time to get to the one that I want to select. Unless I'm missing something - is there an easier way to select a number since I have entered 80 names and numbers?
September 20, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 NOT RELIABLE
I received the printer on 03/13, 2013, and it worked well until about a month ago, when I began noticing that when I copy from the document feeder the copies come out with a black line along the bottom edge of the paper starting from about 1/4 inch from the left side and all across to the right side. I contacted technical support, who had me do a firmware update, followed by a cleaning of the glass and rollers, which did not resolve the problem. I am being sent a refurbished unit, with the same warranty as a new unit. I have no problem with the handling of my case, with exception that the replacement should not be refurbished, it should be new.
September 5, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5Â by skooly Great upgrade from my HP Laserjet 3380
First of all, I was in love with my HP LaserJet 3380, which I bought around 10 years ago. That thing never gave me any real problems, and I used it daily in my business. However, I had a LaserJet 3330 at my home which developed an incurable case of the "scanner error" problem after 12 years of use, so I decided to upgrade my 3380 rather than push my luck. I consider 10 years with the same printer to be a really good run.
I am very impressed with the LaserJet Pro 400 MFP, which I am now using daily in my business. Having just set it up today, here are my initial impressions:
1) Much faster: It barely takes 3 seconds after pressing print in my word processor before the page is shooting out of the printer. This thing is crazy fast. My old 3380 took around 10 seconds. The document feeder is also much faster & noticeably so than the older printer.
2) Easier installation: This was truly plug and play, no CD installation required on a PC. I had no problems whatsoever with blank pages or black pages or lines on the page that some other people have described.
3) Noisier: The machine is much faster, but it's also a bit louder than my old 3380. After a print job is done, there is also some fan noise for about 20 seconds. It's not loud enough to be annoying, but it's noticeable. Personally, I prefer the speed increase and think it offsets any noise issue.
4) Good looking machine: It's smaller than my 3380 and looks great, but I do wish they made it in white or grey rather than all black. This is a minor issue, though. I also wish it had an open-access envelope feeder, rather than making me open the door, but this isn't a deal breaker for me. It still appears better-built than competing multi function machines out there, some of which are ridiculously flimsy (i.e. not built to last).
5) Cost effective: I priced out the cost per page when buying the extended toner cartridge, and it's among the most affordable printers out there. It's also cheaper per page than my old 3380, which I also priced out. Color me happy about that.
Hopefully this review helps you make a decision. I don't think you'll go wrong with this machine.
May 1, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5Â by WAYNE1954 GREAT.....SO FAR
I have only had it a week, but so far it prints, copies, scans, and faxes very good, much better than the HP LaserJet 3380 it replaced.
March 23, 2013