- 4th generation Intel® Core™ i7-4700MQ Processor
- Windows 8 or other operating systems available
- Get a bigger, brighter, 17.3-inch diagonal display, with optional Full HD view. Bring everything from movies to presentations to life in wide screen glory.
- Enjoy more movies, videos, and tunes. Experience them at their best with an optional DVD/Blu-ray drive and Beats Audio.™
- The latest Intel processors and NVIDIA graphics give you a faster and more responsive experience, whether you’re immersed in a game or on a video call.
Live life in full high-definition.
- More engaging movies. More immersive games. More meaningful chats. See everything more clearly in Full HD.
- With up to 2TB of hard drive storage, you have all the room you need for movies, videos, music, and more.
- With Beats Audio™, four speakers, and a dual drive subwoofer, it’s our most advanced audio ever.
- With two microphones and advanced noise reduction software, web chats are crystal clear.
- Watch DVD or Blu-ray movies using the integrated optical drive—or write your own media.
Incredible graphics. Game on.
- Immerse yourself in ultra realistic games thanks to NVIDIA discrete graphics and 2GB of video memory.
- Get more done and have more fun with the new fast and fluid Windows 8.
- Enjoy your favorite Microsoft games right out of the box, including Mahjong, Solitaire, Fresh Paint, and Taptiles.
- With its metal construction, the HP ENVY Notebook(17) is engineered to be elegantly simple.
Advanced design. Through and through.
- Make a statement with a design that’s both stylish and powerful. With the HP ENVY series, you don’t have to compromise.
Backlit keyboard. Another bright idea.
- Keep working or playing even in dimly lit rooms or on red eye flights. It’s a full-size keyboard that doesn’t compromise comfort.
Run the numbers. Type away.
- Pay bills and balance budgets easily with a numeric keypad that’s an extension of the standard keyboard.
- Type comfortably without compromising size. It’s a keyboard that feels as good as it looks.
Your favorite media at your fingertips.
- Sync, share, play, and enjoy photos, music, and videos across multiple devices with HP Connected apps. (No streaming)
- Charge devices through HP USB Boost while your notebook is on, off, sleep, or hibernating. It helps keep you powered up whenever you need to be.
- Edit photos with Adobe Photoshop® Elements. Make great movies with Adobe Premiere® Elements. Unleash your creativity right out of the box.
You’re in the director’s chair.
- Create picture-perfect portraits and pro-quality videos with Cyberlink’s Power Director, Photo Director, Youcam, and Power DVD software.
- Get more done wherever you go with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, OneNote, and Access, plus cloud integration.
Your fingerprint is your password.
- Easily access your online accounts with a simple swipe of your finger, and keep your identity to yourself. HP SimplePass remembers your passwords, so you get to the good stuff faster.
Automatic air conditioning for your notebook.
- Life heats up. That’s why there’s HP CoolSense technology, which automatically adjusts your notebook’s temperature based on usage and conditions. It stays cool. You stay comfortable.
- With HP ProtectSmart, your notebook’s data stays safe from accidental bumps and bruises. It senses motion and plans ahead, so a single bump won’t delete your entire digital life.
The notebook in touch with you
- Simply touch to scroll, zoom, and rotate images and web pages. It’s pinpoint precise navigation with the touch of a finger.
Ready for anything, Ready when you are.
- With a fast resume from even the deepest sleep, your notebook gets going in seconds thanks to Intel® Rapid Start Technology.
Super responsive. Super smart.
- Boot up quickly and know you’re only seconds away from the music, videos, photos, or documents you need.
Added protection. Total trust.
- Get an added layer of online protection from Intel®, so you can surf and shop with complete confidence.
Keeps you connected with Intel® Smart Connect Technology
- Each time you come back to your notebook, information is up to date. It’s the notebook that stays a step ahead, so you don’t miss a thing.
Added protection. Total trust.
- Surf and shop with complete confidence.
- It stays a step ahead. You don’t miss a thing.
-  For hard drives, TB = 1 trillion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 30GB of hard drive is reserved for system recovery software.
-  Requires a 2nd gen Intel® Core™ processor, Intel® software and BIOS update, and Intel® Solid State Drive (SSD) or mSATA cache module + HDD. Depending on system configuration, your results may vary.
-  Requires a compatible Intel® processor, enabled chipset, Intel® Rapid Storage Technology software and a properly configured HDD + solid state cache. The solid state cache is designed to accelerate the system response experience and not utilized as additional storage capacity. Depending on system configuration, your results may vary.
-  No system can provide absolute security under all conditions. Requires an Intel® Identity Protection Technology- enabled system, including a 2nd or 3rd gen Intel® Core™ processor, enabled chipset, firmware, and software, and participating website. HP is not responsible for lose or stolen data and/or systems or any resulting damages.
-  Requires an Intel Core processor. Wireless access point and Internet service required and not included. Availability of public wireless access points limited.
-  Not all features are available in all editions of Windows 8. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers and/or software to take full advantage of Windows 8 functionality. See http://www.microsoft.com.
-  Internet Service required and not included. Click the Office icon for more details on the Office product that is right for you.
-  Internet Service required and not included.
-  Intel® Smart Response Technology: requires a compatible Intel® processor, enabled chipset, Intel® Rapid Storage Technology software and a properly configured HDD + solid state cache. The solid state cache is designed to accelerate the system response experience and not utilized as additional storage capacity. Depending on system configuration, your results may vary.
-  Intel® Identity Protection Technology. No system can provide absolute security under all conditions. Requires an Intel® Identity Protection Technology- enabled system, including a 2nd or 3rd gen Intel® Core™ processor, enabled chipset, firmware, and software, and participating website. HP is not responsible for lost or stolen data and/or systems or any resulting damages.